Sunday 4 October 2015

Stingray at Blast tastic

Today has been a lovely day spent in the sunshine at Frampton where I have been a fence judge at the FFRC Hunter Trials. Great fun, and spoilt with plentiful supplies of tea and cake during the day :)

But yesterday saw the latest (and probably last) public outing of my "Stingray" participation game at the Blast Tastic sci fi wargames show in Bristol.




We got through a few very enjoyable games using the latest "tweaked" rules and it was interesting to see the development in tactics that the new rules encouraged (especially counter missile tactics). My planned pit crew had to drop out for various reasons but I was ably assisted at short notice by Chris, Neil and the "mystery wargamer" - many thanks chaps.



Of course these games themselves have led to a few modifications which I've implemented today. I think now very close to being the "final" set (until the next time, anyway!)

5 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed this and by extension Blast-Tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you. Hope you can make it in 2016

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done mate, lots of fun putting on demo games but also hard work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to see/try/buy these rules

    ReplyDelete